- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The LinkSmart® Border Gateway provides a single point of entry into an "Internet of Things" autonomous system consisting of connected devices and their supporting services. These are the main functionalities:
- SSL offloading at the edge of the protected autonomous system (HTTPS, SSL/TLS-encrypted MQTT and MQTT over SSL/TLS-encrypted WebSocket).
- Authentication and authorization for both HTTP and MQTT requests. Users and their permissions can be defined using an Identity Provider conforming to the OpenID protocol.
- Permissions for HTTP requests can be defined on the level of protocol (HTTP or HTTPS), REST endpoints and allowed HTTP methods.
- Permissions for MQTT requests can be defined on the level of topics and MQTT commands (publish, subscribe etc.).
- HTTP request forwarding to internal services according to location definitions (e.g. a request to https://iot.linksmart.eu/<location> can be forwarded to localhost or any other host protected by the Border Gateway on the correct port).
- Address translation for HTTP requests, i.e. internal addresses in HTTP responses are being translated to external addresses the requester can work with.
The Border Gateway can be easily deployed in a Docker container. The basic configuration for a useful deployment is limited to obtaining an SSL certificate for the host and to configure an OpenID provider.